Empower your audience to ask questions, vote in polls and be a part of the discussion by using a simple Q&A and polling tool.
Topic/Lesson Title: Happiness vs Consumerism
Source of Inspiration/ Experimental Goal
- THEME-BASED INSTRUCTION: Consumerism is one of the important topics students face in their own life and frequently deal with in the textbook or EBS book. People focused on pursuing happiness through buying more and more in our modern society. Can we be really happy by endless purchasing? Even though it is not easy to design my lesson using this kind of heavy topic, I would like to let my students think about the danger of consumerism in a flood of advertisements and grow their awareness as conscious consumers.
- NEARPOD: This lesson is based on Nearpod through the whole process, which I could try several useful functions like VR, drawing, collaborate, flipgrid, quiz, etc.(
- VIDEO: Animated video ‘Happiness by Steve Cutts’ s used to think about happiness and consumerism.
- FLIPGRID: Flipgrid, simple and easy to use, is used as a tool for recording students’ speaking.
- GOOGLE FORM: Conscious consumer survey was done by class participants before the lesson.
Language Skills: Speaking, Listening, Writing
Learning Objective: (What will learners know or be able to do after your lesson?)
Teaching Development Goals: (What do you hope to learn and/or accomplish as an educator?
Nearpod, Youtube video, flipgrid, Google form, worksheet
slido.com Empower your audience to ask questions, vote in polls and be a part of the discussion by using a simple Q&A and polling tool.